There are 8 Limbs (or steps) in YOGA: Ethics, Self-care, Asana (the poses), Pranayama (the breath), Mindfulness, Concentration, Devotion, and Union.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Making Cherry Juice

Life gives you lemons? Make lemonade??
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger???

Above, two contemporary memes that seriously annoy me. There are more, but those two shall suffice for my point today: Don't eat the sugar! 

. . . in lemonade? Don't add to that which nature has sweetened. 
. . . in Nietzche's quote? Such a lovely sentiment, all this hell we've gone through making us even more able - to suffer some more??? Reminds me of someone's god not giving me more than I can handle. 

Lately, I've had two big sicks. One acted like The Big Influenza. The other like the 24-hour stomach flu. Both brought serious joint pain, fatigue, and never-ending nausea. At this point, all tests ordered are in and I'll see my primary care person Tuesday. I'm guessing she'll use the word "inconclusive."  

In the meantime, I'm adding anti-inflammatory foods to the diet. BEST NEWS is Tart Cherry Juice, concentrate. Mix with water. Do not add sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It's not that I don't appreciate binging on Mad Men but honestly I do not like missing work - or play! So I push myself, try to make myself get better! ARGH!!! 

Uh oh, wake up June Beck! Time to practice what I preach: It's not how FAR you go, but HOW you go; Sidle up gently to limitation and be loving and kind; Never push into pain; Engage in positive self-talk. 

Last night my knees hurt so badly I couldn't do a "proper" - read: the way I did it last time - forward fold. Soooooooooo I did a PERFECT forward fold instead. 

No comments: